Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Shoes

Girls love new shoes, it's no surprise to anyone. I bought a pair of NB shoes today from Athlete's foot for $220. I would have bought a pair of socks too but they were like thirty bucks and I just could not justify that for some socks!! I bought five pairs from the Reject Shop for $5 and I was pretty happy with that. The Gympmeister said if he couldn't get ten pairs for five bucks he was unhappy! Since I have the new shoes I thought I had better go for a walk to use them. LHT dropped me off at this park near home that has a circuit lots of people walk on and I did four circuits of it, which equates to approximately 9000 steps. (I counted the steps for one of them.) I feel really satisfied with what I have been doing lately. Tomorrow Daddy Saturday's wife "The hot hot mullet lover" (HHML) and I are meeting at the park and going to do the ten thousand steps walk the council have painted on the ground there. I love hanging out with HHML because she is a lot of fun but also because she noticed today that I have lost weight. She has no scales either because she understands that they just make you depressed to get on them!

Today is/was my Mum's birthday. She loved scorched almonds, we sent her off to heaven with a packet in her hand. Last year I bought them and ate them, this year I am really trying to lose weight. I did buy them and then I gave them away to a lady at the shopping centre. I said, "I'm not crazy or anything, it's just that I always give a bag of scorched almonds today but this year my Mum isn't here to get them so I wanted to give them to you and wish you a happy unbirthday in honour of my Mum." She gave me a hug and said it was from Mum, I of course had a tear in my eye, and I thanked her and walked away. It made me feel really good and I know Mum would have liked me doing that. She used to do stuff like that too. I miss her a lot.

The Pixie will not go to sleep tonight! She has been up since 10.30 this morning and seeing as it is now 8pm I really want her to go to sleep. She is crawling around the house chasing her father and giggling. She has just been showing off to Grumpy on the webcam so she thinks she is a bit of a superstar. I think maybe the espresso i had today is now running through my baby's veins as well! This is why boys and girls, the good Lord invented baby Panadol.

No comments: