Sunday, June 29, 2008

A New Baby

We are such a lucky family. Celery had a little baby boy, 8pounds 11 ounces, not sure if his birthday is today or yesterday because we got the message at about ten past twelve and we are not sure if Grandma and Granddad were at the hospital, assuming yesterday. We can't wait to meet our new little nephew, we are going to go down next weekend to meet him. I told the Pixie she has a new cousin but she was more interested in wrestling the peanut butter toast from my hands. She'll care when she sees him, she'll probably try to have a taste!

The Pixie took three steps today, I was holding her hands but she walked towards me instead of me being behind her. She must be very very close which means another rearrange of all the stuff in our house so she can't get to all of my 'precious' things. She also said a new word today...
bike (but she says ike), she said it whilst trying to get to a toy motorbike I have stashed away for her birthday. Children learn the words they hear the most, I don't know why I'm surprised she has picked that one up! She can also say duck and was shouting it out at the top of her voice today when we were down at the swamp feeding the ducks and some gorgeous black swans who had babies some bread. She's pretty good at making f sounds too so we are really hoping she doesn't put the two together and start saying a word she shouldn't be saying! She has picked up yes and no and ok and is using them all the time and getting a bit of an attitude. Again don't know why I am surprised!

No comments: