Sunday, June 15, 2008

Look Mum, ALL my teeth!!

Today I made my debut... I rode my bike solo. In first gear at no more than 20k an hour after LHT helped me let the clutch out, and I did seven laps of our oval. I even had a cheer squad - HHML and Daddy Saturday came to watch and clap - very encouraging. I did well, I didn't fall off at all. I rode until my hands bled (due to dermatitis not to razor blades embedded into the handlebars or anything) and then came in feeling like I was Evil Kneival's love child. We decided to all go out for chinese together and on the way I said to Daz, "I'm going down the bike shop tomorrow... to buy gloves and a pink helmet." He started laughing and I realised I sounded just like him! I couldn't believe how awesome it was, I loved it. I can't wait to be able to actually use the clutch by myself, please keep in mind I had a lot of driving lessons too. Mind you I always wonder if I actually needed as many as I had or not after I recommended him to a friend of mine and he felt up her leg as she was driving. Creepy, creepy man.

The Pixie was not keen on Mummy and Daddy having the helmet on. When one of us would put it on she would scream and cry until we took it off. She was whinging the whole time I was riding and then when I took the helmet off she was fine. I took the best photo of her crying, I'll put it up if I ever work out how to download from my new phone. I put the helmet on her and she was okay for a couple of seconds but then the tears started and I quickly put her out of her misery. HHML's son loved it though and did some cool motorbike man poses for us.

Went to the markets today to buy a fairy dress - no fairy dresses to be seen. I am concerned that not having a fairy dress with matching wings and a tutu might be damaging the Pixie psychologically. Luckily we will be in the big smoke next weekend and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get one down there before it's too late.

2 comments:

Friendless said...

Hah! Now the Big Smokers know you're coming, you have to bring the Pixi to visit us.

Fattyboombas said...

We will see you but I am not sure when because Celery (LHT's baby sister) is due to have her baby and we will probably have to get on the piss to celebrate even thought she will probably be ten days overdue or something stupid like that.