Monday, June 23, 2008

The Busy City

I learnt to drive in the city... I used to do it all the time. Now every time we go "home" being on the road fills me with dread. I could never live in Sydney or Melbourne, I think my head would explode! Our families seem to cope okay, I think because they have been there as the traffic has slowly increased so they are used to it, when we left Brisbane five years ago it wasn't like it is now. We went down this weekend for my brother's surprise birthday party. I didn't get to see much of him because I went to see my niece in a play and then LHT picked me up and we went back to his Mum and Dad's where he went to bed. He can be so exciting sometimes. My apologies to you Friendless for not seeing you. Seeing my niece on stage all dressed up like Boronia Blossom made me cry, she is so gorgeouos. I brought her home with me for a few days. The pixie loves her so much and she has taught her to hi-5. I am going to have my brother's son up in the holidays too.

On sunday I went shopping. I love shopping. I could shop all day and all night. When I was five months pregnant we went to brisbane and I shopped all day with barely a break, I was tired but I only had one day to cover the whole of Chermside and it was the first time I had been there since it had been redone so what else was I to do! The pixie of course got spoilt, I bought her some cool first birthday presents at Toys-r-Us, she is so lucky. I didn't get her a fairy dress but I did manage to find a gorgeous gold singlet with pink fairy wings attached to the back, very cute. It matches her little pink tutu. She can fit into her size 0 clothes now so it opens up a whole new wardrobe for her. I love when she goes up a size and we get to do all new outfits. It sets off a whole new set of camera snapping. Speaking of the camera, it is not broken, only the memory card is stuffed! How great is that. I am thinking I will take it back to Hervey Norman and see if they will replace it, I only bought it in the time I've had the Pixie. Paranoid Fussy Mummy brought the Chubba Bubba with her who is three months old and has just stolen my heart. I told LHT the other day that if we only ever have girls I wouldn't care but Chubba makes me clucky for a boy. I want one!!!! He is so lovely and he was laughing at me when I was talking to him, full of smiles through his dummy which he decided in the end he was going to reject so he could talk. When PFM left he screamed all the way home, I like to think it is because he was missing me. lol Celery's baby got some t-shirts, one says, "Baby Bonus $$$" and the other one says, "I love boobies".

I keep telling Celery how important breastfeeding is and how it's not easy at first but really worth it, with all the health benefits for you and for your baby, etc etc etc. I know I am a breast feeding nazi but it really annoys me those people who say they couldn't breastfeed when really they just gave up because it got too hard for them. It is so rare that you couldn't breastfeed and we need a change in society to encourage women not to put their children on formula when breast is best. *Rant, Rave, Carry on, step down off soapbox*

No comments: