Monday, June 2, 2008

Heaven Sent

I love it when things just work out right you know? Awhile ago one of the dogs broke into the shed and ripped up the old futon mattress we had in there, large pieces of foam and little styrofoam balls everywhere. The mattress was the first thing I threw into the skip bin we got in and never was a moment so pleasurable. Today I decided I could ignore the shed no more and went down and raked up all the rest of the foam and vacuumed the carpet, it looks heaps better, I washed some windows and some walls and was quite pleased with the result. I took some stuff to the car for the charity bins and then I noticed the old tv that my grandparents used to own. It is huge and ever so heavy. I wondered to myself how I could bribe LHT to get rid of it today. The Pixie by now was screaming at the top of her lungs to get out of the pram, I took her inside for a bit of a feed. Just as I had started we heard a truck pull up in the street. Lo and behold, it's the Salvos pulling up next door in their furniture truck. "Hey," I said, "I know you're here for Ron but I don't suppose you want to pick up a tv?" "Yes," they said, "no worries." Over they come, two big strong looking boys, and I was telling them how I was wondering how I could get this gone today and how I wanted hubby to do it. "Tell your husband not to worry about it," one of them says and they proceed to pick up the tv. I see their eyes light up as they pick it up and realise how heavy it is, but they've just bragged so what can they do huh? ha ha ha They got past the worm farm and near the car andd they were both asking each other if they would like a break but they were egging each other on too, "No, no mate I'm right, we'll put it down if you like..." all the way to the truck which they were saying they wished they parked closer. Excellent the old tv is gone. Thank God for the Salvos.

LHT is in the bathroom doing the taps as we speak, so I think RDO stands for Relishing Direct Obedience! Which I am, I am just so pleased he is doing the taps. He is not just doing the shower taps, but the bath and the basin as well. The basin ones don't fit so I have to go to Bunnings tomorrow for some new ones. That's a shame, you know how much I hate Bunnings, lol. You never know, it may turn out that the R stands for Rewarding but we really will have to see how he goes. I think that he might be doing them because of a conversation we had this morning.

"Hey Babe..."
"Yes dear..."
"You know the taps in the bathroom, how can I..."
(cutting me off) "You can't do them yourself."
"Why not?"
"Because you can't."
"Well how would I do it anyway?"
"Nails and glue." (This comes from a few years back when I maintained and still maintain that we could make some new dining room chairs from wood and hold them together with nails and glue. He of course disagrees.) Much laughing follows,
"So... will I call a plumber?"
"No dear! I'll do them later."
"Okay"
And due to various remarks about doing them myself I am getting them done. Lol It reminds me of this time at our old house when I wanted my gecko candle sconces put up in the dining room. He was just taking ages and my friend who bought the same, her hubby put hers up straight away. Finally I said, "That's okay, I'll put them up myself." (After about two months of waiting) I went into the dining room and grabbed the hammer and called out, "I can hammer screws into the wall can't I?" and started banging the hammer on the wall. Quick as a flash he was up and out of his seat and in the dining room assuring me that of course he would do it. You should have seen the look on his face when he thought I was hammering a screw into the wall, oh it was priceless!! A girl has to do what a girl has to do eh.

I also must admit that six days in a row was as far as I got, friday was a write off, worked on the weekend the days seemed to go so fast but I did get back into it today and I double my time on the bike but not the calories!! :(

No comments: