Friday, May 30, 2008

Freezing bloody cold

Today is freezing cold and absolutely pissing down with rain. I hate the rain and the cold. The rash on the pixie is a virus and she is a miserable little thing. The Polaramine we got yesterday the Dr said not to give her... so there goes Mummy's quiet time. ha ha ha Just kidding, I would need to give it to her and her father to have any quiet time and I think if I went back and got some adult strength they might get a bit suspicious. She is sooky and cranky and whinging and clinging. Mind you she is also warm and since I'm always cold in the winter I don't mind having another warm body to snuggle. Of course the only 'toys' she wants are things like the nail scissors or our phones or the remotes or the computer cord... and because she is sick she is acting like the biggest dying swan when I take them off her or move them from her reach. I do know that it is poetic justice because I suck so much when I am sick that my daughter now carries on... She has obviously got the "I'm the sickest person in the world" genes.

It has just occurred to me why FNL was not on last night... it was still thursday. It is on tonight. I will be snuggled up in my jammies in my bed under my mink blanket for them tonight, no part of me showing. I have to work tomorrow so I have to get up at 5 am in the freezing cold and rain. Goddam mortgage eh!!

The pixie is screaming and crying and grabbing handfuls of her hair, "the anguish, the anguish I feel Mummy, save me!" She makes me feel like the biggest superhero, lol. Once I get on my exercise bike tonight it will be 7 days and that is just such a fabulous start, I don't want to break it now. Wish me luck.

No comments: