Monday, May 12, 2008

Spillproof cups

Over the past few weeks I have spent a fair whack of cash trying to get a cup for the Pixie that doesn't leak. I would buy one, use it and it would be good, then the next time she would use it she would end up soaked because the cup had leaked. I bought an expensive one, I bought a cheap one, I bought the inbetween priced ones, nothing was working. UNTIL... Lifts Heavy Things came in the other day and said, "I've opened up the caps on the bottom so she can have a drink." "Sorry," I said, "What do you mean?" "The caps," he says, "Surely you know about the caps on the lid that you have to open so she can have a drink?" "Hmm, maybe you should show me," I said. He pulls off the lid to Chooky's drink and then proceeds to show me how he 'opens' the caps so she can have a drink. "AHA!" I cried , "Now I know what's been going on! You have been opening all the caps and therefore making the non spill cups spill everywhere!!" "Oh, is that what they're for?" he says. So now our child has not 2 cups, not 3 cups, not even 4 cups but 9 cups that are all perfectly non spill as long as no one opens the 'caps'!! Lucky I plan on having more than one child and also that Pixie has a lot of friends that hopefully will come over and have a juice in a non spill cup sometime soon. If only her father was as advanced as she is maybe he would have a better chance in life.

No comments: