Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy! D'oh!

So my friend and I did our first walk monday before last, on the tuesday I slept wrong and totally stuffed my back for three days. I was limping around the house like a total mong and my kind husband took thursday off to 'look after' me. This involved him letting me sleep till 8am and then working on his motorbike, going to Supercheap and getting ready to go away for his trip away the next day whilst I looked after him, myself and the bubba. Thanks hubby, next time you can go to work!! It's like having two children at home!! Anyway off he went and The Pixie and I were having a lovely weekend. On Saturday we came home and I grabbed her out of the car and on the way into the house I fell. I think it would have been pretty spectacular to watch because I went down on one foot, grazed the opposite knee and ended up on my back AND on my knees. Chooky of course thought it was a great game and I'm sure wanted to do it again - NO! Once is enough! I seemed to be okay, foot was a bit sore but we still went to Julia Gulia's for dinner. When I got up to leave I had to ask her to carry the child (she has just had surgery!) cause my foot was really sore. I could not walk until tuesday!! Finally today at twenty past five I hopped on my bike to warm up for my walk and got the dog out and the water and was all ready and my friend didn't show up! Macy and I went for a walk a few times round the oval across the road. The child said Macy today, isn't she clever. I think it must be because we are ALWAYS shouting, "Macy, shut up," she sure loves to bark. Taking her for walks makes her much quieter so I am aiming for it every day. I think I might be being a bit of a pussy with this weight loss thing. I really need to step it up a bit. I am not seeing much weight loss but I am seeing an increase in my fitness (and injuries!!).

Oh and by the way on the shelf front when hubby went away for the weekend I got a friend's husband to do it and then told Hubby it was me... which he still believes!!! And since he never reads this blog the only way I will get busted is if you dob!! It's great, I'm going to get him to come back and put up some sconces for me and continue to spruke about my skills with a drill and screws. I can't wait to see how long it takes before he realises I've been having 'Daddy Saturday' as I call him come over and do this stuff!!

No comments: