Saturday, April 5, 2008

Weighed down by...

Well dammed if I know! I've had 3 different people tell me recently that I look like I'm slimming down a bit - so today I had my first shift for two weeks and I weighed myself on the old faithful nursing home weigh chair that I've been periodically checking my weight on for two ish years. I have put on 1.15 kg since the last weigh!!!!!!!!!! OMG! Okay this is really bad news. Hubby says it probably doesn't mean anything but I'm not so sure. My body is obviously unhappy - my hands are quite bad at the moment. I have been trying so hard to eat healthy. All the chocolate is gone from the house now, mind you that does explain the weight gain over Easter - d'oh!

Yesterday I moved some old wood and raked all the leaves and crap up from my garden that I'm making. It's a long way off yet but we got a skip bin in today so I'm keen to weed it all and dig up all the old soil. It's hard going cause like I said my hands are really sore at the moment. (Actually they feel a bit hot so they are probably infected - ew! Must see the Dr bout that. I am just going to try some aloe vera gel on them that worked really well last time.) Anyway, then I weeded and pruned as well so i think that all counts for good physical activity - not exercise but good activity. Today I moved our crappy old mattress and the crappy old futon mattress and threw them into the skip bin, a bit more pruning and some mopping and other bits and pieces of housework. ( How much does housework suck!) Then I went to work - so again good physical activity. (Left boob really needs baby to wake up and feed - can't find pump and baby very good at sleeping through now... Hubby reluctant to help out - maybe if I put some salami round the nipple first? )

I have been trying to focus on doing stuff so that I'm not just stationary. I've never been keen on exercise or sport or anything. Especially sport - I hate sport. With a passion. I hate all kinds of sport. I don't mind having a hit at backyard cricket or a spot of ping pong or even a dip in the pool but sport as such in my humble opinion, sucks. I hated every school sports day, I hate running, I hate athletics, I hate gymnastics (doing it, love watching it - very clever), I hate football, cricket, basketball, particular passionate hate for netball, all of them, I hate them all. I accidentally got into the vigoro team once, for one semester of year 11 I had to play it. Hmm, play, is that what you call it when they bowl to you, you shut your eyes, squeal and blindly strike with the bat and hope for the best, start running only to find you knocked one of the fielders out with the bat. Oops. Ok only joking bout the fielder but the rest is true. In the end it turned out okay for me because then I got to choose what i wanted to do for the rest of my senior - which was go ice skating because my neighbour worked there and he was cute and had cute friends too - mmm eye candy. The other day I remarked to Hubby about my sporting ability, he looked at me and said, "I don't think we coud call it ability could we? Disability maybe, but the last thing you are my darling is able at sports." Then he laughed and laughed and laughed and walked away laughing, saying, "ability!" I guess that sums up how just exactly like Sporty Spice I am. I wish playing the Sims counted as exercise.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Your uncle Bazza has lost 6 kgs this year. Don't do a lot of exercise but have cut back drastically on the booze and follow weight watchers recipes. My advice is to join weight watchers - that has always worked for me (when I was dedicated enough to follow it).