Sunday, April 27, 2008

Daddy and the box of Farex.

This morning my lovely loving husband got up and let me sleep in. He really is such a sweetie. He gave her breakfast, did her teeth, got her dressed and then he took the pixie out to look at 'insert boring daddy crap here'. When they got home we were talking about what she had had for breakfast. Daddy said, "Oh yeah, I just gave her some cereal," Now we have 4 unopened packets of baby cereal in our cupboard of all different types, so I asked which one he had chosen. "No, there's a box of farex open in the cupboard," he says. "No," I say, "there's not." "Yeah, there is," he says. "No," I said, "There's a box of banana custard open." "Oh," says Daddy. Yes folks, he gave my daughter banana custard for breakfast! No wonder she said Daddy first! Here I am stressing over what to feed her, do I give her too many carbs, does she get enough iron, enough variety for a wide range of vitamins and minerals, enough dairy for healthy bones etc etc etc and Daddy gives her custard for breakfast! I mean my God, I know reading is not his strong point... but he watched me give her custard from the very same box last night! She has slept this morning but I am surprised she did!! I have to go to work this afternoon so goodness only knows what the pixie will have for dinner! Lucky I only work once a fortnight eh!

No comments: