Thursday, April 3, 2008

Carpet Burn

So the kid fell off the bed yesterday, or should I say her father flicked her off the bed when he was pulling up the blanket. Poor baby. She is such a survivor! She has carpet burn on her nose and she is really miserable with it. I have been giving her panadol and putting cream on it but she hits it and gets the cream in her eyes too. She has been a demon baby for the last two days and absolutely refusing to go to sleep - so much for concussion eh! I don't think she got one - whatever the opposite of that is, is what happened to Pixie. I was relieved that Daddy has finally done something to her and proved he is a human being because you know the whole, "locking the kid in the car" thing and she fell off the bed one other time.

Bought some MP3 players today, not IPod's because the last thing we are is trendy. Plus I was a bit tight to pay for them. I also bought a portable dvd player for the car to put Wiggles or Hi-5 dvd's on to keep the child amused. Last time we went to Brisbane she nearly died of boredom in the car and was miserable for nearly the whole trip. I am hoping the singing etc will keep her occupied and make the trip a bit better for her. It has a remote control so I can just flick it off once (if - lol) she falls asleep. I think her father might sit in the back with her although I think in that case there might be a dirt bike demo on the screen rather than any child friendly amusement. And the Sims - love the Sims.

Big day tomorrow - the garden is getting started. This means the house renovation begins. We are painting, putting a toilet and shower in our shed, fences and gardens. It's going to look great. I must take some photos to do before and after scrap pages.

No comments: