Monday, July 28, 2008

The I don't want to do anythings...

I've been so slack and I am sorry. I've got the 'I don't want to do anything's and any previously mentioned motivation has been non existent for so long. Yesterday I forced myself to get up and get out the door and go for a walk and did the same today. I am never going to make a change if I don't make a change. I had been giving myself a stern talking to about how life is a lemon and you have to suck it to see and as I was thinking about that I remembered something. When I was about 14 (I think, old enough to know better anyway) I went with Mum and my sister to a display home. It must have been when my sister was building her first home. There was a panel of buttons on the wall of this house and I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I had no idea what it was and I was so intrigued by it that I reached out and pushed the 5. Suddenly an alarm started going off and I still didn't realise what it was, only that I had made the alarm sound. I don't really remember what happened after that, although I am sure I would have been told off, only that I pushed that button. After I thought about that I moved my fat arse out the door, metaphorically pushing the button, sucking the lemon to see and I feel a bit more motivated now.

I have now done two practise cakes for the Pixie's birthday, the first was a disaster, the second a little better. Thankfully I have time for one more practise before the party. I have been busy making pop up castle invitations for her party which I should be finishing but since I had neglected my blog for so long I thought this shoud have priority. The second cake I made for G-Dog's birthday and it nearly worked out okay. The bottom cake was too dry and the middle one was quite good and the top one was okay. It had a marzipan alligator in the moat around the castle and a bat on the side. I made him like a castle greyskull. He had a torch and a sword and a motorbike in the middle. FM made the motorbike, I cannot take the credit. I would like to post some photos but I have been having trouble with my software for my phone and my camera has gone AWOL. I pulled out the old digital camera a few days ago so I have some new pictures of the pixie to show you.

LHT has been doing an apprenticeship for the last three years. He asked his boss to sign him off early, which the boss refused. He was then dismissed from his position two weeks ago after informing his boss of his intention to find employment elsewhere due to us wanting to have another child and him needing to earn more money. He went to Tafe on Monday, and got a phone call from his workplace foreman asking if he was being paid to be there. He said of course because the Tafe periods are a requirement of his apprenticeship and employment and his employer pays for him to be there. On Thursday the 17th they gave the foreman a letter to give to him after hours that stated that his employment had been ceased on the 11th. Consequently we have had no money come in since that date except for what we get from centrelink. Tough times. He met with the apprenticeship board on friday and was told that of course he could not be dismissed in such a manner due to the terms of his contract and that his employer would be obliged to put him back on. (LHT was leaving anyway in three weeks to finish his fourth year with another employer. ) Well how would you feel going back to a place that had just shafted you like that... not even being sacked in person, unfairly dismissed for trying to make a better life for your family by a not for profit supposedly christian organisation? LHT told the woman that despite all that he had to go back, what choice did he have? Then... the silver lining, since boilermaking is on the skill shortage list the government would pay for his last five Tafe modules so he could be signed off early with another employer. Consequently he is two modules away from completing his trade and is in line for a thousand dollar bonus once he is signed off. Thanks! Money's tight but once he goes to his new job next month it can only get better from there. So in trying to screw him over they helped us out a lot. Karma has been kind.

This morning the Pixie was in her room and I heard her drop something and then exclaim something that sounded suspiciously like "shit". Oh dear... PFM said at least it wasn't f*&k, yes I agree but I am still ashamed. I think I need a swear jar or something to learn me. We went to Excess Sugar Mumma's house today where the Pixie stole Chomp's juice so we gave her some water in a bottle. Next thing Chomp came out with both bottles... revenge!! Then I saw the Pixie finishing the juice... he must have decided it would be better for their future relationship to let her have it.

No comments: