Sunday, July 6, 2008

The depths of one husband's stupidity.

I really really love LHT, I think he is fabulous etc etc etc, but he really is so stupid sometimes I cannot believe it. He went away last thursday night, off to find himself a new job. He of course took his toothbrush with him. When he got home he did not unpack his panniers so he asked me if I had another toothbrush so he didn't have to unpack his bag. I wanted him to unpack the bag because the one he has has a replaceable head to go on it so it makes sense to me to use that one first. No, he had to have a new one. We always have the same colour toothbrushes, mine is pink, his is blue. It's to stop him asking me every night, "Which one is mine?" I told him there was a new toothbrush for him in the top drawer of the bathroom, a blue one, with your name on it. Later when I go in to do my own teeth I notice he has opened and used the pink one with my name on it. That's okay, we can swap colours for a few weeks till we get new ones again. I'm due for a new one, so I take out the blue one with his name and leave it on the basin so I can open it and use it the next day. Yesterday when I went to use it, it is open and used... he opened the blue one with his name on it as well. He has three toothbrushes open, and only one set of teeth! "Why did you open it?" "I thought you wanted me to use the blue ones," he said. "Yes I do," I said, "but you already opened and used the pink one." "Oh." I mean seriously, ladies, help me, are your husbands as stupid or have I married the king of the idiots?

Happy Birthday to my lovely sister Sandelicious.

No comments: