Saturday, August 23, 2008

The very busy walking one year old.

Two days before her birthday I was standing by the microwave and turned to look at my baby and she was walking towards me! I was so excited! I had been reading a text from the Lusty Librarian so I sent her one back straight away to tell her and then realised it is probably customary to tell the child's father first! She then took another 4 steps for HHML who held out her favourite Winnie the Pooh comb to her. Later that day LL rang me to tell me the Giant baby had walked that day too! We have been waiting for them to do something on the same day.

The Pixie was still gunky in the eyes right up to the day before her birthday. Poor baby. She was so miserable especially the day before her birthday when we went to the Giant baby's birthday party and she had to stay in the pram so she didn't infect the other kids. Grandma and Granddad and Celery, her partner and the new baby came to stay with us, Grumpy and Mumpy, Friendless, Vegie Pi and my nephew came over for dinner. I was still up at midnight as it turned to the 17th and I wished so much the Pixie would wake up. I even went in there and kissed her but she slept right through the night! Not one night for the past two weeks before and not one night since mind you but yes all through when I wanted her to wake up so I could cuddle her. The morning finally arrived and she woke up and we got to give her first birthday kisses and cuddles and give her the new bike that has been sitting in our room for months. I was really very restrained only giving her the dancing bandstand before her birthday. Granddad had bought her a Freddo show bag at the Ekka so she had a Freddo for breakfast on her birthday! She had a wonderful party and the cake turned out pretty good in the end after Mumpy gave me some help. It sat in the car for awhile before we served it though so you will see in the pictures how one of the towers fell before we had it but all in all I was proud of the effort. The Pixie at a giant piece and was high on sugar all afternoon. I tried to sneak fairy floss into some of her little friends but I got busted! I just wanted to send them home on a sugar high, I know payback's a bitch but it would've been worth it. Grumpy gave her a jewellery box, a very grown up and beautiful one to keep for always and signed it from him and my Mum. I can't wait to see how pretty I look in the video of that with bed hair, black bogan clothes bursting into tears, ah a treasured family moment. We are still trying to get through the mountains of sausages we bought we didn't need but luckily the Pixie eats a lot.

LHT has finished his tafe modules and has been for his interview with Rio Tinto, he is just waiting to hear the result, which hopefully will be on monday. He woke up two days before the interview with conjunctivitis! I had no sympathy because I had kept telling him how contagious it was and he hadn't believed me, guess he does now huh. We just put drops in his eyes and luckyily he didn't have that crusted up junkie look for his interview. I have seen quite a few KTM brochures around the house so I guess that means that it won't be long before the KTM owner and LHT will be riding off into the sunset together, leaving TenB and I alone with the girls. Ah well, what can you do? As long as they leave us cash or credit we'll be fine. KTM Owner, I hope you remember how much money I have cost you in the past taking your wife shopping (and how we tried to deep fry ice cream in your deep frier all those years ago), the only thing that has changed is I've just got heaps better at it, shopping not deep frying icecream, and now there is not just two girls, but five, yes five.

Julia Gulia's little girl turned 2 on thursday so the Pixie and I went up for her little party. The Pixie ate: 2 chipolatas, a vegetable finger, half a sausage roll, half a mini spring roll, some party pie, a piece of cake and a pikelet. She came home with a belly like a rock and has only just this morning managed to digest it all and get her belly back to normal. I guess I shouldn't have let her eat so much but she definately pushes food away when she is full and won't eat anymore so I figured she must be up for it. I think she is going through a growth spurt because she hasn't slowed down! She is currently standing at the front door banging on it like she wants to get free! I have to go and convince her to stay.

No comments: