Wednesday, August 6, 2008

She's NOT a boy!!!

Today HHML and I went shopping and I ran into two women that I work with. One of them had her daughter and grand daughter who is around the Pixie's age with her. They were commenting on my little girl and the daughter says, "Boy". Again more discussion about the little girl until the daughter very rudely says to her mother pointing to the Pixie, "That is a little boy." "NO!" I said, "That is a little girl, her ears are pierced!" "You can check in her nappy," the other lady I work with said. The daughther then says, "Oh I didn't even look, I just saw the orange shirt, I always dress mine in pink." Well whoop de doo da for you love, I like her to wear lots of different colours! Who are you? The baby fashion police or something? She then said to, "I'm having a pony for her first birthday." I said, "I'm having a magician and a facepainter." By that I mean I am hoping my nephew will do a few cool things and that my niece will paint some faces... but it shut her up. I think she might have been upset because the Pixie was obviously so much cuter and more advanced...

Then we went to the bra shop so I could get fitted for a new maternity bra. "How far along are you?" asked the shop assistant. "I'm not pregnant, just fat, and breastfeeding," I answered. "Well I could see you weren't showing," she says, obviously embarrassed. "It's not the first time," I said, "I can see why you think that." After being measured and finding out I have been wearing the wrong size bra - I'm actually a D and not a C, and the one I bought for SIXTY dollars was actually a DD, the shop assistant says, "So how old is your little boy?" HHML blurted out, "GIRL!" and so did I! This poor girl just went bright red and began apologising profusely, she was relieved when I told her of course I would come back in, after her "offending me twice." HHML then spent the rest of the afternoon assuring me the Pixie does indeed look like a girl and not a boy. I will have to start putting clips in her hair or bows on her head!

No comments: