Thursday, September 4, 2008

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

LHT finally heard back from Rio Tinto today about the medical, but that does not mean that he is any further advanced. They had called him twice to let him know that his results were not back and today they called to say they were back but he now has to go up again for another medical with their own doctor. We are pretty positive about the whole thing because he is a pretty fit bastard despite the few extra kilos he has plus he is talented and advanced. I can say that here because like I said he doesn't ever read my blog and he will never know that I am being nice to him. I don't find it pays to be nice too often because he will come to expect it and no one can be THAT nice. Meanwhile he has been doing a few days work for another company in town. I made some cornflake and sultana biscuits yesterday for morning tea today and he took some in for the boys at work. I am making sure that they miss my cooking when he is gone.

IF he does get the job we, ha, I say we, but really I mean me, are going to have the kitchen remodelled. I hate that we have one tiny bit of bench space and that is taken up by the kettle, the toaster and the all important coffee machine. I would love some more benches and a light in my pantry so I can see the out of date goodies hiding in the corners. I am thinking about taking some space from our giant laundry and putting it to good use in the kitchen. Why the people who added it felt the need to have a giant laundry I will never know, but I think I could put it to better use. I would also like a skylight put in. Daddy Saturday says to me, "You know you can put them in yourself?" Now this is a man known for his clumsiness and awkwardness so he really can't be trusted to go up on the roof for me to pretend that I did it myself. I mean let's face it, LHT would NEVER fall for that. If I wait for LHT to do it I will wait till the middle of next decade so I informed him I would happily pay someone LHT's hard earned cash to brighten up my kitchen. It in fact would be my pleasure to spend the cash and crack the whip to get him back to the salt mines to earn some more.

The Excess Sugar Mumma was having a problem with a cyst on her back the other day which led me to thinking about how much I love pus. I googled it and I was beside myself with pleasure when I found that there are 40 videos on youtube of people popping their pimples, cysts and boils. I watched all of them which only made me want some more. Dazza said I am so disgusting but I know there are others among us that also have a love for all things pus. You really should pop off to youtube and have a looky. Especially you TenB, you KNOW you want to. I did suggest to LHT tonight that we squeeze the one on his arm and film it as we did and pop it up too, but he said no. He never wants to play the games I want to play, bastard.

Last week I made myself a house cleaning schedule so I can keep on top of the housework. I am sick of living in a pigsty! I have also been madly spring cleaning and decluttering. LHT can't believe all the stuff I am throwing out and I think he is tempted to move again just to see how much easier it is this time now we have so much less stuff. I just feel I can let go of it all now. The house is looking great, I only have the dining room to go and it is all organised, unpacked and tidy. Even my sills and skirting boards are done. Grandma says it's because I'm nesting and that I will be wanting to go to bed early a lot. Well she might be right! We are definately trying for another baby but as for the cleaning frenzy, which has caused LHT to call me "The Mad Crazy Cleaning Lady" I am not sure where that comes from. Maybe it is just my time. I told him we could get rid of the giant box of costumes from the shed and he is excited. It is a pretty giant box, almost as big as our whole laundry. It has caused my hands to break out again though, which really sucks and is partly the reason for the lack of blogging lately, it is hard to type with my hands the way they have been. Ah sooky sooky la la, I know.

LHT's Grandfather died on monday night. He was in his eighties and had had cancer for the last twenty years but I think everyone expected him to live forever. LHT was pretty devastated as you can imagine. I was a bit unsure what to do for him since he is not so good with the talking and feelings and stuff so I made him a trifle. I think it was the best gesture and it was definately appreciated, especially since he gets the whole thing because I think trifle tastes like crap. Soggy cake, what did I do wrong that I would have to eat that? The pixie and I did a painting for Grandma to cheer her up and we also made her a card with stickers. Consequently the Pixie was covered in stickers all over her face, legs, arms and she had the outside sticky bits stuck all over her hands. She had a great time, they tasted good too she said.

No comments: