Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Poppies, lovely poppies...

The Pixie has survived her first early morning Dad car trip! With flying colours, I like to think because I am protecting us from the harm LHT could do. LHT dropped us off at the shopping centre and went off to do his functionality test - hold a squat for 3 minutes, steps for 3 minutes, hold hands above head for 3 minutes, touch your toes for 3 minutes etc. He passed them all. The woman also did a strength test - he scored 82, she looked at him causing him to ask, "Is that bad?" The woman said, "No, most strong men score about 50." I love it when I am right, I am always telling him he is a freak of nature. We dropped him off at Rio Tinto and the Pixie and I went to the beach for a paddle. She just loved it and had a ball. She was playing with another little girl that was there with her Mummy and they were having a lovely time playing in the sand and waves. Because she is little miss independent now she would not let me hold her up and kept toppling forward and getting hit in the face by waves. Did this make her let me help her? No, she is stubborn like her father (and her mother I know), but it did help the snot clogging her nose pour down her face till she looked like no one owned her. In the midst of all of this LHT calls to say he has to do another drug test next week because he had tested positive for opiates. LHT looked at the company Dr in a panic, "What the hell?" "Nurofen," the Dr replied and LHT breathed a sigh of relief. When he told me I laughed and asked my drug husband how many crack pipes he had been around lately anyway. So... No, we still do not know but we do think that after this last test on monday he should be right to start. Bring it on - there are lots of lovely little girls clothes up there that would look awesome on my Pixie girl. I told LHT if he had found out today we would have had to buy a second car before going home to fit all the stuff in I wanted to buy her!

No comments: