Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Call

Rio Tinto called LHT today to tell him that once his last pee test is done things should move quickly from there. Hooray! They still haven't told him for sure if he has the job but we don't think they woud keep ringing to apologise for the delays if he wasn't going to work there.

When we were first together LHT had an old drum kit. He loves to drum, he is always drumming on the furniture and driving me insane with it all. I always used to complain about it, tongue in cheek style. "We've got no room for this thing, where can we put it?" As I do. One day I came home and noticed it wasn't in its usual spot in the lounge, when I asked where it was he said he had sold it for $150. We banked the money to help us move up to Darwin. He knows know that I was just giving him some shit and that of course he was more than welcome to keep it, and even though I would never admit it to him I have always felt just that little bit bad about it. I have decided to buy him a drum kit for christmas and do up a room in the shed for him as a bit of a boy's retreat. I will have to get it sound proofed and paint it up and pop up pics of The Tugmaster, G-Dog, The Snake Man and any other of his boyfriends who take my fancy. I am going to buy him a bookshelf for all his stupid bike magazines etc. I think he will really like it. Any ideas are most welcome. The Lusty Librarian has an OHP machine so I could paint some motorbikes on the walls if I want to. I will talk to G-Dog who I think will be more than happy to help me along with Daddy Saturday to make it something really cool. I am definitely in the running for wife of the year!!

No comments: