Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ah the Serenity

LHT is up away at his new job which is totally kickass and even if it's not the benefits are. He has put his name down to do an emergency services training course so he will learn to abseil and do rescues and advanced CPR and stuff. They have medical cover benefits for our whole family and we can use a counsellling service anytime we like. LHT told me even the Pixie can use the counsellor but I am really hoping she doesn't need one just yet. They will pay for him to go to uni and do a degree if he wants to and assist him to advance in any way they can. He is stoked and so am I. They will pay for us to move if we want to and they have all kinds of social clubs not just for the workers but for the Mums and kids too. I am pretty excited and it would be a fabulous adventure but I don't want to leave at the same time. I have heaps of great friends now and I would hate to leave them but leaving also means making even more great friends. Ah imagine the space you'll have to hold my funeral in. (Weird how the word funeral has fun in it isn't it.) He does get paid monthly though so we are really going to have to learn how to budget!!
LHT and I had to break open the KTM tin so we could survive the next couple of weeks. He had saved $337.35 cents in total which is great because the change is coming in very handy.

HHML and I have been saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeh, yeh, yeh, ye, ye," to each other a lot over the last couple of weeks being the bogans that we are. Well now the Pixie is also going around the house, phone to her ear saying, "Yeah, yes, yeah." Like mother, like daughter eh! Poor LHT - no wonder he wants to work away. HHML's son told his grandmother that he was enjoying the peace and quiet the other day when he spent the day with her because when he is at my house HHML and I are so loud he needs panadol. How hilarious is that? Poor boy has been overshadowed by not just one but two loud women and two squealing little girls!

No comments: